34th Annual DPS Shakespeare Festival:
- Opening Ceremonies in Skyline Park (15th and Arapahoe)
- 34th ANNUAL Elizabethan Route Parade from Skyline Park, down the 16th St. Mall to Curtis St., thence to the Denver Performing Arts Complex.
10:45 am – 4:15 pm
- Student performances on numerous stages throughout the Denver Performing Arts Complex and Street Theatre.
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- The Shakespeare Challenge Bowl, featuring students at The Joe Craft Theatre (inside the Helen Bonfils Theatre Complex). Performances continue at the other stages.
- Wear comfortable shoes that also fit the character’s costume.
- Busses will drop you off at the “Downtown” location, which is 15th and Arapahoe.
- The opening ceremony is from 10:00 – 10:15 a.m. There will be no port-o-potties at this location. It is mandatory that we pick up our own trash at this small park: please bring a trash bag for that purpose.
- We then parade down the 16th street mall , 1 block, and then down Curtis, two blocks, to the Denver Performing Arts Complex. You are welcome and encouraged to bring a school banner for the parade.
- Food will be available from vendors, and you are welcome to bring your own sack lunches. Bring water. Please be mindful of the festival space and encourage students to leave no trace of our presence.
- BE PREPARED FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Restrooms are available inside Boettcher Hall and The Joe Craft stage. Port-o-potties will also be available.
- First aid will be manned by DPS nurses, inside Boettcher Hall.