33rd Annual DPS Shakespeare Festival:
“Much Ado About Nothing”
- Opening Ceremonies in Skyline Park (15th and Arapahoe)
- 33rd ANNUAL Elizabethan Route Parade from Skyline Park, down the 16th St. Mall to Curtis St., thence to the Denver Performing Arts Complex.
10:45 am – 4:15 pm
- Student performances on numerous stages throughout the Denver Center and Street Theatre.
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- The Shakespeare Challenge Bowl, featuring students at The Joe Craft Theatre (inside the Helen Bonfils Theatre Complex). Performances continue at the other stages.
- Wear comfortable Renaissance shoes. Tennis shoes are allowed for the parade.
- Busses will drop you off at the “Downtown” location, which is 15th and Arapahoe.
- The opening ceremony is from 10:00 – 10:15 a.m. There will be no port-o-potties at this location. It is mandatory that we pick up our own trash at this small park: please bring a trash bag for that purpose.
- We then parade down the 16th street mall , 1 block, and then down Curtis, two blocks, to the Denver Center. You are welcome and encouraged to bring a school banner for the parade.
- Food will be available from vendors, and you are welcome to bring your own sack lunches. Bring water. Please ask your students to use the trash cans for refuse.
- BE PREPARED FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Restrooms are available inside Boettcher Hall and The Joe Craft stage. Port-o-potties will also be available.
- First aid will be manned by DPS nurses, inside Boettcher Hall.