Teachers and Coordinators: the following links will direct you to additional information for all things Shakespeare Festival related.
“The mission of the DPS Shakespeare Festival is to provide a whole child experience in the arts that is available to 100% of DPS students. The Festival will present a joyful, rigorous, and fun exploration of Denver’s rich culture of collaboration and community.”
Teachers and coordinators: as you and your students prepare for the Shakespeare Festival, remember that we are unified in our efforts to make this experience available to ALL students. If your programming accrues costs due to staffing, costuming or other needs, be sure you have a plan in place for students and families who would be unable to participate due to financial constraints.
Step 1: Start your registration.
Step 2: Register for a preview workshop (link will be sent in January once you have registered)
Step 3: Plan your transportation.
Step 4: See you at the festival.
Planning Treasure Map
- What comes next from thinking scripts, to taking a final bow.
- Find out all of the ways for students to get involved at the Festival.
- DPS and the Denver Center have many opportunities to help teachers grow along side their students.
- Guidelines on what to wear and connecting you with resources.
- Each school must engage with an Preview workshop prior to the festival, sign-up here.
- Find the logistics and info you need to line up a DPS bus.
- Denver Center
- Folger Library
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival
- Shakespeare Scripts via MIT
- Example Teacher Site (Bromwell)
- Archived Documents
- Leraning Shakespeare via Super Summary